The Austrian Blockchain Landscape was initially created in January 2018 by enliteAI and CryptoRobby. EnliteAI published the Landscape also on their website and there are also Landscapes on AI, VR/AR and more.
The blockchain landscape includes startups, accelerators and universities – as well as a large number of public institutions, initiatives, events and communities. We take this strong backing as a promising sign that the Austrian Blockchain landscape goes well beyond adopting new technology, but is also discussed in a wider societal context.
This updated version v2.1 of July 2019 includes 31 new organisations and projects with a total of 142. New companies & institutions are marked with “v2.1”
With Scytale Ventures Austria has now it´s own Blockchain Venture Captial Fund!
The most interesting finding is that many new startups entered the scene and that quite some new companies in exchange, trading and investing:
- eloop.to is a e-Car sharing startup, cars are tokenised on the 0bsnetwork.com blockchain
- element36 combines banks with bank accounts. The company is located in Switzerland with an Austrian founder and team and a branch in Austria.
- gridsingularity is a very active energy blockchain startup with Austrian founders and the company located in Vienna.
- helpar is a help-desk blockchain project and startup with the intention to build a world wide technical help-desk with reward token
- Linx4 provides blockchain based services for banking and insurance. The idea is to receive trustworthy real-time information about machines and production parks.
- Jaroona creates automated, distributed cybersecurity guardian with the power to protect entire blockchains, DAPPs and personal assets and data
New trading and brokering platforms and liquidity providers are
Cobra cryptocurrency brokerage service
autowhale focusses on market making, blockchain analysis and cryptocurrency and blockchain-related consultancy
Trever is a liquidity provider, which develops services to ensure liquid markets, tradable conditions and decrease market obstacles
iQCashNow ATMs for cryptocurrencies
Cryptix offers a new payment token for retail businesses.
Blackmanta Capital offers tokenisation services for enterprises and startups, it has a branch in Austria.
For new law firms are
New blockchain software developers from Vorarlberg: 4yu Blockchain Tech.at
Lenzing is tracing its fibers on blockchain
DiePresse Newspaper has been added to the blockchain as they provide regular detailed content on blockchain and cryptocurrency topics.
Some organisations and startups halted their activities and we removed them from the Blockchain Landscape. The really promising car sharing startup DriveDeal.io halted it´s activity. However, their whitepaper is still one of the best on token economics. Minebox has been sold to a New Zealand company. CBDoken.com has been removed as they halted their activities.
Key Findings of 2019, Outlook on 2020
- We see several Security Token offerings being prepared behind the scenes which will be launched later in 2019 and 2020.
- With Facebook introducing the Libra cryptocurrency we expect that blockchain technology will receive more attention by large companies especially from banking, insurance and related financial services industry
You’re welcome to reuse the infographic below as long as the content remains unmodified, in full and proper reference to the source is mentioned.
Would you like your company or institution to be included in future updates? Mail to robert(@)schwertner.com
Blockchain Companies & Startups
This section contains applications in the energy sector and companies developing closed blockchain systems with for a specific application like ticketing, security, e-commerce, taxation or invoicing.
- Difacturo GmbH
- Wien Energie AG
- Salzburg AG
- Verbund AG
- Post AG v1.2
- Realest8 Technologies v2.0
- Lenzing AG v2.1 NEW!
- Erste Group v2.1 NEW!
In this section consulting agencies which focus on blockchain related advice are listed.
- Ernst & Young
- Catalysts v1.1
- Danube Tech v1.1
- Accenture v1.1
- Synercon v1.1
- Arthur D Little v1.2
- Digital Sunray v1.2
- Cryptorobby v2.0
- Seekyou v2.0
- Digitalblocks v2.0
- Die Crypto Berater v2.1 New
- Inisticore 2.1 New
- Die Crypto Berater v2.1 New
Companies in this category offer either mining hardware or mine for cryptocurrencies.
DEVELOPMENT & SOFTWARE
This box contains important software developers with experience in smart contract programming related coding.
- Blockserv v1.1
- Capacity v1.1
- baumann.at – concepts & solutions v1.1
- Crypto Consulting v1.1
- OS Alliance v1.1
- Salamantex v1.2
- Iteratec v2.0
- SAP v2.0
- iov42 v2.0
- 0bsnetwork v2.0
- 4YU Blockchain Tech v2.1 NEW!
- Chainlock v2.1 NEW!
- Block42 v2.1 NEW!
EXCHANGE, TRADING, INVESTING
This category focuses on exchange of crypto currencies, Crypto teller machines, trading and investing in blockchain projects and ICOs.
- The House of Nakamoto
- Coinfinity GmbH
- Crypto Management GmbH
- Coinnecting v1.1
- MCV v1.2
- Multis Group GmbH e-bitstore v1.2
- iQ Cash v2.1 NEW!
- Trever v2.1 NEW!
- Scytale Ventures v2.1 NEW!
- Blackmanta Capital v2.1 NEW!
- AutoWhale v2.1 NEW!
- Cobra v2.1 NEW!
- Apollon Network v2.1 NEW
LEGAL & TAX
Due to the high activity in the Blockchain space many law firms have experience in setting up and supporting ICOs.
- Stadler Völkel Rechtsanwälte
- Enzinger Steuerberatung
- Blockpit v1.1
- Brandl & Talos Rechtsanwälte GmbH v1.1
- CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH v1.1
- Herbst Kinsky v1.1
- Heller Consult v1.1
- Jarolim Partner Rechtsanwälte v1.2
- DLA Piper Weiss-Tessbach Rechtsanwälte GmbH v1.2
- Kunz Wallentin Rechtsanwälte GmbH v2.0
- Binder Grösswang v2.1 NEW!
- Wolf Theiss v2.1 NEW!
- Lansky, Ganzger + Partner v2.1 NEW!
- Wieneroiter Raffling Tenschert & Partner v2.1 NEW!
This section contains applications startups which offer coins, and companies developing closed blockchain systems with for a specific application like ticketing, security, e-commerce, taxation or invoicing.
- Artis v1.2
- Finnoq v1.2
- Pantos v1.2
- H3O v1.2
- AVINOC v1.2
- Grapevine v2.0
- Experio v2.0
- Jaroona v2.1 NEW!
- eLoop v2.1 NEW!
- Helpar.global v2.1 NEW!
- Cryptix v2.1 NEW!
- Linx4 v2.1 NEW!
- Gridsingularity v2.1 NEW!
- element36 v2.1 NEW!
- youniqx Identity AG v2.1 NEW!
- Minerva v2.1 NEW!
Enablers & Extended Ecosystem
UNIVERSITIES & EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
Austrian universities conduct blockchain both economical and technical research. At the end of 2017 Vienna’s University of Economics and Business launched the Institute of Cryptoeconomics, which will focus on new business models. In addition a number of private institutions offers education and trainings, covering blockchain basics up to investments, development and business case modelling.
- University of Vienna
- TU Wien
- Danube University Vienna
- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
- Vienna University of Economics and Business
- University of Innsbruck
- St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences
- Anita Posch
- FinTech Academy
- Modul University Vienna v1.1
- University of Graz v1.1
- Austrian Academy of Sciences v1.1
- Eigenheads Academy v2.0
- Crypto Skills Academy v2.0
- Bitfantastic v2.0
- FH Technikum Wien Academy v2.1 NEW!
Extra-university research facilities are small in number but contribute substantially to blockchain related science and applied research.
ORGANISATIONS & COMMUNITIES
Austria has a very large blockchain community with more than 10.000 blockchainers – with local organisations in each province.
- Bitcoin Austria
- Smart Blockchain
- City of Blockchain
- BlockchainHub Wien
- IoT Austria – Blockchain
- Blockchain Austria v2.0
- Digitalcity Wien v2.0
- Austrian Standards v2.0
Activities from public players is strong in Austria, both in form of initiatives, as well as in pilot projects like open government data.
Four publishing enterprises have been added, they are very active in the crypto sphere and provide specific news and content related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- derBrutkasten v1.1
- Trending Topics v1.1
- Futurezone v1.1
- Addendum v1.1
- Decentralbox v1.2
- DerStandard v2.0
- DiePresse.com v2.1 NEW!
ACCELERATORS & INCUBATORS
A healthy blockchain eco-system not only requires developers, finance experts and researchers, but also mentoring and finance from seasoned entrepreneurs. Fortunately, there are accelerators and incubators across the country, often linked with co-working spaces and local organisations.
Telegram WeChat Kakaotalk: @cryptorobby
We need more #ReturnOnSociety 🦋